We are growing our world-class team of developers, and are reaching out to code ninjas, game engine developers, musicians, and concept artists alike who are motivated by working with the very best in the industry and passionate about wanting to make awesome stuff.
PlayFusion is looking for a talented Audio Engineer to join our game development team. You'll be working closely with all members of the studio to design, create, source and implement sound effects and music for the projects we are delivering. Audio plays a critical part in the immersion of the end user and your role will see you taking ownership of the creative design process for all audio assets used by PayFusion. We need you to be capable of adapting to an existing audio style, whilst also creating the audio direction of other projects across our portfolio.
- Design and implementation of Music, VO and SFX, into games, augmented reality experiences and marketing assets
- Scripting within Unity and other creative tools
- Creation of appropriate VFX in an efficient manner for use within limited resource environments
- Hold the relationships with any outsource audio suppliers or artists
- Own the design and delivery of audio assets for our portfolio of products
- Testing, feedback and bug fixing as required to ensure quality of delivery
- Proven ability to produce, edit and integrate music and sound effects
- Experience integrating audio in Unity
- Knowledge of scripting for Unity (Familiarity with C#, C++)
- Mastery of current pro audio tools (digital audio workstations, microphones, outboard gear)
- Self-disciplined able to meet deadlines
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to provide and accept critical feedback in a professional manner
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Experience with multiple game development tools
- Experience with version control (e.g. Git)
- Ability to play a traditional musical instrument
- Live concert / audio management experience
PLEASE SEND US
- Cover Letter (optional)
- Link to personal projects / portfolio / website
GRADUATE/JUNIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
PlayFusion are looking for talented Graduate Software Engineers to join our game and technology development team. You'll be working closely with all members of the studio in the development of numerous aspects of our games and technology stack. No two days are likely to be the same. Our flagship game, “Lightseekers” is just one of the exciting projects that we have under continuous development. As part of the core team you will have a voice in how our current and future products will be taken forward. We want to hear from highly capable engineers who have a strong passion for games and the software needed to make them a reality. Your job will have you taking ownership of the technical solutions involved.
- Contribute to the implementation of our platform for deploying and operating backend services.
- Help identify and resolve potential issues in the development pipeline.
- Implement and iterate on gameplay systems that provide engaging experiences for our players.
- Create and maintain high quality software documentation.
- Regularly switch between multiple projects potentially written in different programming languages.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant engineering/scientific subject.
- Demonstrable experience in C#, C++, Java or similar languages.
- Experience writing scripting languages (e.g. Python, Shell Scripting).
- An understanding of mathematical methods to A-level (or equivalent) standard, including matrices, Newtonian mechanics, calculus, and linear algebra.
- Role is based in Cambridge, UK.
- Experience with the Unity game engine.
- Experience with version control (e.g. Git).
- Familiarity with any database technology (e.g. PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Spark, CouchDB).
- Experience in development for smart phones and other touchscreen devices.
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud services.
- Experience with computer vision techniques and software libraries.
- Experience with low-level, resource-constrained firmware development.
- Experience with client-server network programming.
PLEASE SEND US
- Cover Letter (optional)
- Link to personal projects/GitHub account
This is an amazing opportunity to join the production team of a multinational organisation, building the breakthrough, new entertainment brand of the moment.
- Assist the Head Producer with ensuring the smooth development of the game from production to release and its support and maintenance throughout live service
- Take responsibility for key elements of a project, seeing them through to completion autonomously
- Initiate and track all production tasks through collaboration with Art, Design, Tech and QA
- Facilitate communication between the Development team and other departments (Marketing, Community)
- Maintain project schedules for all functional areas of development
- Foster positive working relationships, collaboration and communication within the team across multiple disciplines and locations
- 2+ years of game and / or software development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Keen Attention to detail
- Highly organised yet able to adapt to a fluid environment
- Computer literate especially with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of software production methodologies preferable
- Mobile software development experience a big bonus
- Willing to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks
- Have a strong sense of initiative and willingness to accept and follow direction
- A strong desire to bring people together and to solve problems collaboratively
- Humble approach to working life with the drive to ensure others excel
- Calm, reasoned and effective under pressure
- Boundless enthusiasm and positivity
- UK driving license and own transport
- Please ensure you include a resume and cover letter and a link to your portfolio if applicable
- You must be eligible to work in the UK, the position is based in Cambridge, England
- Salaries will be commensurate with experience
- The PlayFusion team all enjoy working with and for each other and any new additions must have the desire and ability to be positive and enthusiastic at all times
- Our work space and culture are incredibly important to us, so enjoying working in an open, relaxed and often irreverent office is an absolute must